the "Lazar Car"
Behind the Wheel Instructional Objectives
Note: This is a general lesson plan and it can be
customized to your specific needs based on experience, age,
and other factors.
Typical Lesson Plan:
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
- understand by demonstration all interior controls of the vehicle before starting
- understand how to properly adjust the seat and rear view mirrors
- demonstrate the proper hand positions on the steering wheel
(10 and 2, 9 and 3 positions)
- demonstrate both the hand over hand and push-pull method of turning
- use appropriate judgment techniques while vehicle is in motion to make correct right and left turns
- scan the mirrors, speedometer, road, other vehicles, and surroundings in a cyclical manner (Smith System)